How to care for your new tattoo.
Below is a handy guide on how to care for your tattoo, however, if you are having any issues then please do not hesitate to give me a call on 0115 929 4777
KEEP TATTOO DRESSING ON FOR 2 HOURS. GENTLY REMOVE DRESSING AND WASH DOWN THE WHOLE TATTOO AND SURROUNDING AREA WITH COLD WATER ONLY. MAKE SURE ALL TRACES OF BLOOD AND INK ARE REMOVED.DAB TATTOO AND SURROUNDING AREA DRY WITH CLEAN KITCHEN TOWEL. APPLY ANTI- BACTERIAL CREAM TO TATTOO AND RUB IN UNTIL TOTALLY ABSORBED. ANY EXCESS CREAM SHOULD BE REMOVED WITH CLEAN KITCHEN TOWEL. REPEAT TWICE DAILY.
HEALING TIMES WILL VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON AND THAT THERE ARE MANY VALID METHODS OF AFTERCARE-JUST BECAUSE YOUR TATTOOIST HAS A DIFFERENT METHOD DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE WRONG.
- WHEN TATTOO HAS SCABBED DO NOT PICK AS THIS MAY CAUSE THE TATTOO TO BECOME INFECTED OR LOSS OF COLOUR.
- DO NOT SOAK TATTOO IN WATER IE: – BATH, SWIMMING POOL.
- TRY TO KEEP TATTOO AS DRY AS POSSIBLE.
- ITCHING OF THE TATTOO IS NORMAL AND PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS, DO NOT SCRATCH THE TATTOO.
- TO STOP ITCHING GENTLY PAT THE TATTOO OR APPLY ANTI- BACTERIAL CREAM.
- KEEP TATTOO OUT OF SUN LIGHT THIS INCLUDES THE USE OF SUN BEDS UNTIL TATTOO IS FULLY HEALED.
- HEALING TIME SHOULD TAKE AROUND 7 TO 10 DAYS IF LOOKED AFTER PROPERLY.
- BE AWARE OF TATTOO AT ALL TIMES.